The Final Verdict
Drink enough water to keep yourself hydrated and to lose weight. Cold water and warm water myths can probably work but indirectly. Like, cold water can reduce the core temperature and increase your exercise performance, which means you can workout more and lose weight. Hot water, on the other hand, can help suppress your appetite thereby making you consume fewer calories. But the key to losing weight is to drink 2-4 liters of water (hot or not) every day to keep your cells and metabolism active and flush out toxins. Now, let’s find out how you can remember to drink water even when you are super busy.
How To Remember To Drink Water
Most of us don’t drink water because we simply don’t remember. So, here are few tips for you so that you can keep yourself hydrated and shed some pounds as well.
- Keep a bottle of water at your workstation within your hands’ reach.
- Buy beautiful looking bottles that have a sipper so that you can just grab it and sip the water.
- You can also stick post-it notes on the cubicle wall or inside the house in different corners to help you remember.
- Keep a glass of water near your bed.
- Make detox water for weight loss by adding fruits, herbs, and spices to make your water bright in color and also fortify it with the goodness of the ingredients used.
- Take a small sipper with you when you are working out.
- Drink 1-2 glasses of water right after you wake up.
- You can also keep a brightly colored mason jar at your workstation.
- Add few ice cubes to your water to make it more refreshing.
- If all the above fails, you can ask your smartphone to remind you to drink water every hour!
But only drinking water will not aid weight loss. Here’s a list of lifestyle changes that you need to make in order to lose weight.